Various small-size and light satellite-based devices adapted for different applications: first responders localization in emergency situations and tracking of goods addressed on freight rail sector and goods distribution by road vehicles. The solutions present modularity featuring satellite antenna embedded, low power consumption, integration with an inertial navigation system, implementation of dead reckoning functionalities and enabled SBAS (EGNOS) and GBAS corrections for better accuracy.
TIIMISS: Set of smartphone solutions to provide fleet management, distribution and logistics functionalities. The set is composed by:
- R-TIIMISS for Relief Good Distribution (RGD) process;
- D-TIIMISS for Driver Assistance;
- W-TIIMISS for Mobile Warehouse Management in RGD process.
ASIGN: Smartphone application for collecting in-situ field information and tracking of first responder from emergency field assessments. This product offers: in-situ image & video solutions for professional users, including configurable assessment templates, geo-positioning, smartphone and PC versions with sensor attachment options; solutions for server access to remote field in-situ video over satellite and radio; support for geo-tagged audio / voice / image input and presentation; geo-tagged assessment templates.
FLARE: Android-based smartphone application providing accurate positioning information to the users in the field, allowing navigation and guidance functionalities to first responders in outdoor and indoor environments. It is compatible with the SPARTACUS tracking unit and smartphone internal GNSS module as positioning data sources. It enables map and blueprint layers, voice feedback, backtracking functionality, storing and forward tracking and tracing data, alerting functionalities to first responders' clusters (collaborative view), Position of Interest (POI) features, communication with remote server and floor detection.
In SPARTACUS, the communication networks are built by units (SComU) which are lightweight, low power consumption devices with a small form factor. They are intended to provide a local and independent centralized communication point that supports many different ways of communication over a wireless and cellular networks (Wi-Fi, 3G, 4G) with a backhauling functionality over satellite technologies like BGAN or DVB-RCS, but also over terrestrial cellular networks (GSM/3G/4G), if they are available. Services are mainly voice calls, SMS, Internet access and TETRA-like features. The SComUs serve a GUI to allow its operation and to display system information such as: the current link selected, the battery remaining time or the possibility to switch on and off devices remotely.
Decision support system
Set of decision support tools (DST) to ensure distribution of information back to the field where first responders can be supported in coordinating and managing crisis operations or to ensure tracing and monitoring of goods for transport applications. Each DST contains a database, a user interface and supports a protocol or other means of importing or exporting data from or to the database. The SPARTACUS Decision Support System is composed by the following tools:
- TIIMISS as part of commercial solution for standalone fleet, logistics, distribution, warehouse management servers and DSS in headquarters and remotely on-site to ensure that entire process logistics, delivery of goods, supporting mechanisms for the execution. The positioning information is gathered and delivered from SPARTACUS tracking units by TIIMISS smartphone solutions.
- FLARE: used to gather and organize positioning data of first responders sent by FLARE smartphone application.
- ASIGN: used for mission critical multi-media communications. It handles a range of geo-tagged observations such as photos, video clips, text-messages and assessment forms collected by ASIGN smartphone application.
- SMAP provides a GIS portal and also acts as a hub for the other DSTs by showing geo-referenced data from these systems in user configurable map layers.